Monday, October 15, 2012

Rochester, NY Police department K-9 Unit Sgt. Greg Kelly Hangs The Phone Up On Me, after I ask him for the Name of RPD officer Caught on Video Kicking her K-9 Partner

Rochester, NY Police officer
kicking her K-9 partner.
By Davy V.

As most of you know by now, I broke the news of the Rochester, NY Police officer who was caught on video kicking her K-9 partner on Saturday October 6, 2012 on Veterans Place in Rochester, NY.

In the video, the officer, who Rochester Police Spokesman Sgt. Justin Collins still hasn't released her name to me, can be seen walking with her K-9 partner on her left side, when all of a sudden, the officer kicks the dog on it's right rib cage area.

Afterwards, the dog seems to be scared, as it puts its head down, and its tail between its legs.

After contacting Rochester, NY Police department Public Information officer Sgt. Justin Collins,
I was told that the RPD would not be releasing the officer's name, and that they were treating the incident as a "personell matter."

"At this time, the RPD is not releasing the officer's name as it's a personnel matter, if there is something that doesn't follow in the standards of the RPD, then there will be some action taken. This either fits in our standard, or it doesn't," said RPD Public Information officer Sgt. Justin Collins.

On Friday, October 12th, I filed a FOIL (Freedom of Information Law) request with the City of Rochester asking for the officer's name.

The request is pending.

A retired law enforcement officer, who is a follower and supporter of my work, contacted me to tell me that the City of Rochester and the RPD may use a very well known "stall tactic", which is deny my FOIL request, since the matter is under investigation.

This morning I called the Rochester, NY Police department's Special Operations Division, located at 261 Child St. on Rochester's west side.

This is where the RPD's Tactical and K-9 Units are located.

I was informed by the receptionist that Sgt. Greg Kelly was the K-9 unit's supervisor, and she transferred me to him.

Rochester, NY Police Sgt. Greg Kelly answers the phone, and this was the conversation:


Sgt. Kelly:       Good morning Sgt. Kelly.

Me:                 Good morning Sgt., this is Davy Vara, and I'm calling you in regards to one of your
                       officers who was caught on video kicking her K-9 partner, Can you give me her
                       name sir?

Sgt. Kelly:        No I will not.

Me:                  Can I ask you sir, why not?

Sgt. Kelly:        No you may not.

Sgt. Kelly:        Have a good day Mr. Vara


RPD Sgt. Greg Kelly then hangs up the phone on me.

I will be updating this post.

Contact the Rochester, NY Police department's K-9 Unit at (585) 428-6714

or Rochester, NY Police Chief at (585) 428-7033

Follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/davyvara

Click play to see video

                                    

If you believe in my work, exposing police misconduct and corruption, and covering issues mainstream media chooses to ignore,  please support my work by clicking on the "Donate" button at the top right of my blog and entering your donation. 

All donations are secure and are through PayPal.

If you don't have a PayPal account, after you enter the amount you wish to donate, look for "Don't have a Paypal account?" on bottom left side and click "continue."

Thank you.



K-9's Oath

I will lay down my life for you,
and expect nothing but love in return.
I protect my officer with my life,
and would gladly take a bullet in his place.
I am sent in to find lost children,
and fugitives on the run.
I find drugs and weapons and even bombs.
I am the first sent in,
and sometimes the last to leave.
I am the nose and ears of my officer.
I will protect and serve you.
I would die for you.
I only ask for compassion and a kind word.