Thursday, November 29, 2012

Canandaigua, NY Police Chief Jon Welch: "I'm Disappointed Many Times... When My officers Make Unwise Decisions."

Canandaigua, NY Police officer Nicole Kadien
By Davy V.

Canandaigua, NY Police Chief Jon Welch says he is disappointed in his officer, Nicole Kadien, who was arrested and charged with DWI.

Ontario County, NY Sheriff's deputies arrested Kadien on Friday November 23, 2012, after they observed her driving erratic on North Main St., in Canandaigua, failing to keep right and not signaling to indicate lane change.

The arrest of Canandaigua, NY Police officer Nicole Kadien is just one more example of a disturbing double standard that exists, where those who take a sworn oath to uphold the law, end up breaking the law themselves.

I wonder how many DWI arrests officer Kadien has made in her approx. 8 year career with the CPD.

An even better question is how many times has officer Kadien got behind the wheel of a vehicle drunk, as hasn't been caught?

Canandaigua Police Chief Jon Welch said Kadien is on paid administrative leave pending an internal investigation by his department.

I spoke with Chief Welch by phone, where he expressed his disappointment in officer Kadien's actions.

"Obviously I'm disappointed in the officer's actions, but again, I'm disappointed many times throughout my 10 years as Chief when my officers make unwise decisions," said Chief Welch.

When I asked the Chief if his Sgt. Scott Kadien, who is the department's Public Information Officer, or "PIO",  is in fact officer Kadien's husband, he refused to refused to answer.

I must say that Chief Welch was professional, and the fact that he personally took my phone call, instead of giving me a run-around like other Chiefs have, says alot about him.

I could hear the disappointment, and embarrassment in Chief Welch's voice over officer Kadien's actions.


To listen to the conversation I had with Canandaigua, NY Police Chief Jon Welch, click Play below.




Follow me on twitter  https://twitter.com/davyvara


If you believe in my work, exposing police misconduct and corruption, and covering issues mainstream media chooses to ignore,  please support my work by clicking on the "Donate" button at the top right of my blog and entering your donation.

All donations are secure and are through PayPal.

If you don't have a PayPal account, after you enter the amount you wish to donate, look for "Don't have a Paypal account?" on bottom left side and click "continue."

Thank you.