Sunday, April 14, 2013

Monroe County, NY Sheriff's Department Zone A Sgt. Murphy: "Because he can." When asked why an MCSO Member Blocked a Wegmans Customer Loading Zone and Fire Lane

By Davy V.
Monroe County, NY Sheriff's Tahoe 2604
parked blocking fire lane and customer loading zone.

Seems like the Rochester, NY Police department are not the only ones who think they are above the law when it comes to their officers parking where they want, whenever they want.

Take, for example, my recent trip to the Wegmans in Pittsford, NY.

As I'm walking towards the entrance, I see a Monroe County, NY Sheriff's department Chevy Tahoe, number 2604, parked completely blocking the customer loading zone, and a fire lane.

As you can see in the photos I took, the vehicle is less than 30 feet away from a fire hydrant.

After calling and asking to speak to a supervisor, Sgt. Murphy called me back.



I asked Sgt. Murphy why would a Monroe County, NY Sheriff's member park in such a way.

Sgt. Murphy's response, before he hung up on me?

"Because he can."








Click Play to listen to the conversation.




Follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/davyvara