Wednesday, May 29, 2013

City of Rochester, NY Parking Enforcement Employee Caught on Video Leaving Car Parked at Expired Meter for Over an Hour!

By Davy V.
City of Rochester, NY Parking Enforcement vehicle,
illegally parked at expired parking meter.
Photo by Davy V.

Next time you're in downtown Rochester and see Bruce, a City of Rochester Parking Enforcement employee issuing you a ticket for expired parking, tell him you were only illegally parked for 15 minutes.

See if that works.

After all, that's what Bruce told me Tuesday afternoon after I approached him, and asked him why he was parked at an expired parking meter.

Here's what happened.

As I was cutting through downtown Rochester around 11:15 a.m., driving down South Clinton Ave. near Woodbury Blvd., I noticed a City of Rochester Parking Enforcement Toyota Prius number 051039, parked at an expired meter.

I found a parking space nearby, fished a few coins from my car's console, got out, fed the meter, and crossed the street, to take the photos you see on the right.

I then decided to wait for the parking enforcement employee to return, thinking it wouldn't be long.

I was wrong.

In fact, after running back to my car not once, but twice, to put more change in the meter, and returning to the City parking vehicle, the time was now 12:05 p.m.

After waiting a few more minutes, the parking enforcement employee returned just after 12:15 pm, meaning the City's parking enforcement vehicle had been parked at the expired meter over an hour.

It was then that I realized the City Parking Enforcement employee was Bruce, the same City of Rochester employee who admitted on video that he wouldn't dare issue Rochester, NY Police Chief James Sheppard a ticket for illegally parking completely blocking a fire hydrant in front of City Hall, just last month. (I have posted that video below.)
City of Rochester, NY
Parking Enforcement employee, Bruce.
Photo by Davy V.

In Tuesday's video, you hear me asking Bruce "Sir can you explain why you're at an expired meter?"

Bruce, who can't seem to get into the car fast enough, then rolls down the vehicle's passenger window just a couple of inches, long enough to reply "I was here fifteen minutes", before quickly putting the window back up, and driving off so quickly, that he doesn't even put his seat belt on.

I understand that some may think that waiting more than an hour to confront a City Parking Enforcement employee may seem a bit extreme, but I respectfully disagree.

Especially when it's an individual whose job it is to "enforce" parking regulations and issue citations to individuals who commit the exact same violation he just committed!

And to those who think differently, remember, next time you see a parking enforcement employer issuing you a parking ticket, tell him or her "I was here fifteen minutes", and see what happens.

Then, when they give you the ticket, tell the judge or hearing officer the same thing.

I'm sure they'll understand.


Click Play to watch video




Click Play to watch Bruce, the same City of Rochester, NY Parking Enforcement employee refuse to write Rochester Police Chief James Sheppard a ticket for illegally parking, blocking a fire hydrant, just last month!






Follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/davyvara