Thursday, November 24, 2016

Women Really Do Set the Bar So Low for Themselves

 




By Davy V.


Another Thanksgiving alone.

Mostly by choice, however.

I've been single for a while, choosing to dedicate my time to my children and my passion, instead of investing in someone who can't value or appreciate a good man.

But this morning, as I got up early to prepare a beautiful turkey meal for me and my children, (with a Cuban twist of black beans, rice, and platanos maduros, for my non-Spanish speaking readers, the latter being sweet plantains) I couldn't help but to realize just how many freeloading "men" will be enjoying a delicious home cooked meal today, complete with all the fixings, courtesy of a good woman.

A delicious meal that their girlfriend or wife slaved over to prepare.

While they laid on a couch playing Call of Duty.

Now I'm not talking about good men out there, and there are many, who won't hesitate to help out and who contribute.

This isn't about those men.

Those men know who they are, and it's ok for them to relax, and play X-Box.

This is about the other so-called "men".

The ones who smooch off women.

The deadbeats who deny their own children.

The ones who don't contribute.

Don't cook.

Don't clean.

The ones who don't do shit.

But perhaps, even more importantly, this is about the women who enable those "men".

Because without the weak, hopeless romantic women out here, with extremely low self-esteem, these deadbeats wouldn't be able to get a fee ride.

I will never understand how women can be with a deadbeat, good for nothing "man" who lives off of them.

A leech.

A loser.

It's sad.

Those very same women will then lie through their teeth to their family, friends, co-workers, and perhaps even sadder, TO THEMSELVES, about how good their "man" is.

Denial is a hell of a drug.

And women really do set the bar SO LOW for themselves.



Follow me on twitter