Tuesday, December 27, 2016

A Good Conversation with Rochester, NY Police Officers Ognibene and Frank

 

By Davy V.

Rochester, NY Police Officers Ognibene and Frank weren't on the force when members of the RPD were busy retaliating against my dad Mario Vara, an outspoken police accountability activist in the 1980's.

On July 9, 1993, after a couple of years of selected targeted harassment and intimidation by Rochester, NY cops which got so bad that my dad couldn't even walk to the corner store without being harassed, my dad committed suicide in his bedroom while me and my mom were downstairs.

Not a day goes by that I don't think of my dad.

I miss my dad every day.

The truth is I've needed my dad more as an adult, than I ever did as a child.

I guess when we're kids, we don't think that one day those we love won't be around.

So we tend to take them for granted.

Check out the video below of my conversation with Rochester, NY Police officers Ognibene and Frank, who were both pretty cool and down to earth.

Something rarely seen nowadays with cops.

The video was actually longer but got cut off when I had an incoming call.

Yep, I forgot to put my phone on airplane mode before I began recording.


CLICK LINK BELOW TO WATCH VIDEO






Follow me on twitter