Thursday, October 18, 2012

I'm Honored to be Joining Photography Is Not A Crime, not Just a Great Site, but a Movement!

By Davy V.

It's official!

Carlos Miller, the founder of Photography Is Not A Crime, 'PINAC', has asked me to join his great site, and bring my experience as an activist, writer/blogger exposing police misconduct and demanding police accountability, to PINAC.

Photography Is Not A Crime covers incidents where law enforcement officers believe they are above the law, by violating citizens' First Amendment Rights, including our rights to photograph and videotape them.

Since launching PINAC in 2007, Carlos Miller and his blog have been mentioned in ABC News, NBC Washington, The Washington Post, The New York Times, Chicago Sun Times, The Miami Herald, USA Today, NPR's Talk of the Nation, and the list goes on.

In 2010, PINAC won the South Florida Sun-Sentinel Best of Blog Award for "Best Overall Blog," beating out almost 200 other local blogs.

Last January, Carlos Miller was named one of Miami's Best Bloggers by the Miami New Times.

Many of you will remember Emily Good, the Rochester, NY woman who was arrested by Rochester, NY Police officer Mario Masic, for videotaping him and other RPD officers conducting a racially profiled traffic stop of an African-American motorist.

Carlos Miller was the first to take Emily Good's story international, then all other news media outlets followed suit.

Carlos Miller is not only a professional writer, he is also a very good friend.

I am honored and very excited to have been asked to be a part of PINAC!

I ask all my followers and supporters of my work, including all the readers of my blog "Davy V." to be excited along with me, and check out Photography Is Not A Crime, 'PINAC', not only a great site, but a movement!

I will still continue my blog here, that will not change.

I'm honored to have been asked to be a part of PINAC, a great site, which I have always been a fan of.

Carlos Miller is currently getting ready to unveil the all-new PINAC site!

Stay Tuned!

Again the all-new PINAC will be unveiled soon... here's the link:
http://www.photographyisnotacrime.com/


Here is a 2011 interview in Miami, Florida for PINAC.