Thursday, October 11, 2012

Rochester, NY Police department Refuses to Release Name of officer who Kicked her K-9 Partner

Rochester, NY Police officer kicking her K-9 Partner
By Davy V.

The Rochester, NY Police department is refusing to release the name of the RPD officer who was caught on video kicking her K-9 partner over the weekend.

"At this time, the RPD is not releasing the officer's name as it's a personnel matter, if there is something that doesn't follow in the standards of the RPD, then there will be some action taken. This either fits in our standard, or it doesn't," said RPD Public Information officer Sgt. Justin Collins.

The video, which is why it was disturbing to see a Rochester, NY Police officer kicking her K-9 partner in the rib cage.

The incident, which was captured on video, occurred at the scene of a homicide investigation scene on Veterans Place on Rochester's Southwest side.

In the video, the officer, who Rochester Police Spokesman Sgt. Justin Collins still hasn't released her name to me, can be seen walking with her K-9 partner on her left side, when all of a sudden, the officer kicks the dog on it's right rib cage area.

Afterwards, the dog seems to be scared, as it puts its head down, and its tail between its legs.

Is this the way Rochester, NY Police K-9 officers treat their partners?

In most states throughout the U.S., police K-9's are considered police officers, and sometimes even given a badge.

In fact, when it comes to most laws, assaulting a police dog is equal, or very simliar to assaulting a human police officer.

Some police departments even allow their officers to shoot an individual who is intentionally hurting a police dog, with an apparent attempt to kill it.

K-9's Oath

I will lay down my life for you,
and expect nothing but love in return.
I protect my officer with my life,
and would gladly take a bullet in his place.
I am sent in to find lost children,
and fugitives on the run.
I find drugs and weapons and even bombs.
I am the first sent in,
and sometimes the last to leave.
I am the nose and ears of my officer.
I will protect and serve you.
I would die for you.
I only ask for compassion and a kind word.

Contact the Rochester, NY Police department's K-9 Unit at (585) 428-6714
or Rochester, NY Police Chief James Sheppard at (585) 428-7033


Follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/davyvara


Click link to see Rochester, NY Police officer kicking her K-9 Partner

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZbETFby1eI

Or Click Play to see video


If you believe in my work, exposing police misconduct and corruption, and covering issues mainstream media chooses to ignore,  please support my work by clicking on the "Donate" button at the top right of my blog and entering your donation. 

All donations are secure and are through PayPal.

If you don't have a PayPal account, after you enter the amount you wish to donate, look for "Don't have a Paypal account?" on bottom left side and click "continue."

Thank you.