Wednesday, March 1, 2023

If You’re Looking for a Used Car, Stay Away from A1 Auto Sales in Rochester, New York

 


BY DAVY V.


When a Rochester, New York area church wanted to purchase a used car for a young woman in their congregation, they turned to A1 Auto Sales. 


The young woman was so happy to have her first car.


They later found out that the car they purchased from Ahmed Thajeel, who introduced himself as the owner of A1  Auto Sales, had serious issues that he kept from them. 


Among other things, the car had been in a serious accident which Ahmed Thajeel never disclosed.


In fact, it wasn’t until the young woman took the car in for service at local repair shop, that a mechanic noticed the serious structural damage on the frame, that had been covered over with what the mechanic described as a cement like mixture and then spray painted black. 


The mechanic told the young woman that the car was not roadworthy.


Simply put, the car was not safe to drive.


And just like that, a church who did something nice for a young woman, by buying her her first car, lost $5,000 and the young woman didn’t have a car. 


One of the biggest mistakes the good folks from the church made was not asking for a CarFax report before purchasing the vehicle. 


A few weeks ago, my son texted me a link to a car that he fell in love with on Facebook Marketplace. 


I told him to go look at the car, take it for a test drive, and if he liked it I would buy it for him. 


Well, he did, and shortly afterwards, I paid the dealer $4,500 cash. 


Just a couple of days later, the car’s check engine light came on. 


The next day, the car was in a repair shop and I paid $740 for repairs that included a catalytic converter and an O2 sensor. 


And just a couple days after the car was out of the shop, my son calls me and tells me that the left front wheel of the car broke off while he was driving. 


Thank god he had just gotten off the expressway, because I don’t even want to think what could have happened if the front wheel had broken off while my son was driving at 55 miles per hour on the expressway.


As you can see in the photos below, the car’s wheel broke off with so much force that it ripped the axle out of the transmission.







Back to the repair shop once again. 


This time I paid to have brand new ball joints installed as well as axles.


As it turns out the car has several serious issues that the dealer never disclosed. 


Simply put, that dealer sold my son a lemon.


Oh by the way, that dealer I paid $4,500 cash to? 


His name is Ahmed Thajeel.



                                               Ahmed Thajeel, Owner A1 Auto Sales



Yep, the same dealer who defrauded a church.


I asked Ahmed Thajeel for a full refund plus repair expenses. 


He refused. 


Then he blocked me.


I have filed complaints with the New York State Department of Motor Vehicles in Albany, as well as with the New York State Attorney General’s Office.


So if you happen to be in the Rochester, New York area and are looking for a used car, you may want to stay away from Ahmed Thajeel and A1 Auto Sales. 


NOTE: By the way, it’s important to note that Ahmed Thajeel, a native of Baghdad, Iraq also refused to give me his last name.


In fact, he didn’t even include his last name on any of the paperwork when I purchased the car for my son.


It wasn’t until I filed a complaint with New York State that I found out his last name, which they gave to me.


They also gave me his NYS Auto Dealer ID: 7127159


I just think it’s interesting that someone who is both registered and licensed as a New York State car dealer would refuse to give his last name as well as omit his last name from ALL paperwork.


It’s almost as if he has something to hide.


Stay tuned…