Friday, August 21, 2026

Why The Execution Of a Suicidal Man by Trigger-Happy Monroe County, NY Sheriff Deputies Hits Home For Me


         

               MCSO ChiefDeputy Michael Fowler 



By Davy V.

Most cops who will read this, including good police officers who I  know personally, and respect, have no idea and will never understand what it is to have a family member commit suicide.


I DO.


My Dad committed suicide when i was just 22 years old.


I was home when it happened. 


It's been 33 years.


The loud sound of the shotgun my Dad used.


The way the shotgun blast in my parent's bedroom upstairs, echoed through the entire house, as I was downstairs in the living room watching TV, and my mom was in the kitchen cooking.


My brother later cleaning up the blood on the walls and bedroom floor.


It's all still very vivid and clear in my mind.


33 years later.


I will never forget that day.



                                    Gregory Kase



On Sunday August 9, 2026, two TRIGGER-HAPPY Monroe County, NY Sheriff Deputies responding to the Super 8 Motel, in Henrietta, NY, just outside of Rochester, for a call of a male with a box cutter, threatening to harm himself, opened fire the mentally-ill man, 62-year old Gregory Kase, executing him, despite Monroe County, New York Chief Deputy Michael Fowler saying both of his deputies did have non-lethal options.


In other words, they didn't have to kill Gregory Kase.


But as I've said before, like the late Reverend Raymond Graves, who for years worked side by side with my Dad Mario Vara in Rochester, New York speaking out and denouncing police misconduct including the execution of citizens by trigger happy cops, used to say, oftentimes police officers don't shoot because they have to shoot, they shoot because they want to shoot.


I don't know what these two Monroe County, NY Sheriff Deputies were thinking, but after watching the body cam video that MCSO finally decided to release, of course, after reports that Kase was "profoundly deaf", I can honestly say that they didn't have to shoot.


First of all, Kase had a box cutter.


In the body-cam video Kase can be seen in the motel room's bathroom.


He was in the tub.


When the Deputies kick the room door open and call out to Kase several times, you can clearly tell that Kase has trouble hearing the Deputies.


At no time in the video, do you see Kase harging at the officers.


And even if he had charged at the Deputies, I don't care what anyone says, there is no reason why they had to use deadly force and execute a mentally-ill man holding a box cutter.


The Monroe County Sheriff Deputies  had other options.


But they chose to go lethal over all of them.


Gregory Kase needed help.


Instead , he got two TRIGGER-HAPPY Monroe County, New York Sheriff Deputies who  EXECUTED HIM. 


And to everyone supporting these TRIGGER-HAPPY Monroe County, NY Sheriff Deputies executing a man who was having a mental health crisis and needed help...


SHAME ON YOU!


IF it were your family member you wouldn't be saying that.




A COMMUNITY OUTRAGED AT THE EXECUTION OF MENTALLY ILL MAN BY MONROE COUNTY, NY SHERIFF DEPUTIES:




NEW BLOG COMING SOON!