Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Man Claiming to be Rochester, NY's Powers Building Owner Kicks Young Children Out of Skyway Overlooking Filming of "The Amazing Spiderman 2"

By Davy V.
Angry guy in suit.

It's been quite a week and a half for Rochester, NY.

After all, it's not everyday that a blockbuster Hollywood movie like "The Amazing Spiderman 2" chooses my hometown to film a chase scene, for one of the biggest superhero movies of all time, and the biggest movie to ever be filmed in New York State.

In fact it's never happened before in Rochester, NY history.

On Tuesday morning I took my niece and nephew downtown in hopes that they would be able to catch a glimpse of the action before filming wraps up this week.

We made our way to a skyway which crosses Pindle Alley and connects the Sister Cities parking garage with the Powers building.

Pindle alley has been transformed to look like New York City's Chinatown, complete with graffiti, wooden pallets, scattered newspapers, and Chinese decorations.

As my niece and nephew, who had his Spiderman, and Rhino figures with him, were standing in the skyway looking down onto the alley, several of the film's production crew arrived, scouting different angles, and talking about the filming that would soon take place, a scene where a rig towing an Oscorp armored vehicle will plow down the alley, taking out everything in sight!

One of the film crew production members, an older gentleman noticed my nephew Max holding his Spiderman figures, and approached him.

"Let me see that what do you got there", the man said to Max, as he grabbed Spiderman and began to pose the 8-inch figure, as he told my nephew that Spider-Man's stunt double may be on the set later on.

It was then that a man wearing glasses and a dark gray pinstripe suit stormed into the skyway and marched directly over to the film crew, and in a very irate tone went into an angry rant about him being the owner of the Powers building and that he did not want anyone on his property.

As soon as I heard this, I began video recording.

The video begins with the Spiderman film crew production members leaving the skyway, after the man goes off!

Shortly after, the man tells me "If you harass me, I will have you arrested", as he tries to block the camera.

Despite this miserable, angry individual almost ruining my niece and nephew's exciting trip to "The Amazing Spiderman 2" film set, I ended up recording some great videos of the chase scene through Pindle alley, as you can see in the second video below.

You almost have to feel sorry for anyone who can be so miserable and grouchy, that they would kick young children out, like he did.

This guy obviously never had a childhood.


To contact the Powers building:

The Powers Building
16 West Main Street
Rochester, NY 14614
(585) 454-4840

Click Play to watch video



Click Play to watch video I shot of "The Amazing Spiderman 2" chase scene through alley!




Follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/davyvara