Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Asking the Questions that Rochester's Corporate-America Run, Mainstream News Media, Won't

By Davy V.
Rochester, NY City Council President
Lovely Warren

On Monday August 19, 2013 the candidates for Rochester, NY Mayor held a mini debate at the Lyell Avenue Public Library, in the Lyell-Otis St. neighborhood.

Rochester, NY Mayor Thomas Richards, and City Council President Lovely Warren, both Democrats, along with Green Party candidate Alex White sat in a small room at the back of the corner lot, one story brick building, where approximately 35 people had gathered.

It had been a while since I had been in the same room with Lovely Warren, a two-faced hypocrite who has many African-Americans and Latinos in Rochester fooled into believing that she cares about anything other than advancing her own political career, much as Rochester's former Police Chief turned Mayor, Robert Duffy did, after he was tapped for Lt. Governor, by NY Governor Andrew Cuomo.

Duffy abandoned Rochester, along with all the plans, and promises he made, such as having Mayoral control of Rochester City Schools which are, and for years have been, in crisis.

The last time I was in the same room with Lovely Warren, was two years ago, in August 2011, when I spoke in front of Rochester City Council on the need for a true civilian review board with subpoena power, to oversee the Rochester, NY Police department, something Rochester residents have been asking for since the 1960's.

Lovely Warren ordered my microphone cut off when I went over by just a few seconds, over the allowed two minute limit.

Since then, Warren announced that she would be running for Rochester Mayor.

About 20 minutes into the debate, I asked the question that no one, including Rochester's lame- stream news media, had the cojones to ask -- when it comes to out of control, trigger-happy Rochester, NY cops, who are not only abusing and killing innocent citizens, but have now declared war on our innocent family pets, what are the candidates' thoughts?

Now I don't know about you, but I'm a firm believer that if a person is sincere, and honest with you, that individual will look you right in the eyes.

Especially someone who is asking voters to put them in office.

Take a look at the video below, and pay close attention to a couple of things.

First, as I am asking my question, look at Lovely Warren's facial expressions, and body language.

Don't forget that this woman wants voters to elect her.

Second, after I ask my question, take a close look at Rochester, NY Mayor Thomas Richards, (grey suit) a millionaire who took a $10 Million dollar buyout when he was CEO of Rochester Gas and Electric, while at least 100 hard working employees, with families to feed, got laid off.

Notice how Rochester Mayor Richards, never once looks at me, even though I was the one who asked the question.

In fact, only after I call Mayor Richards out, does he then look at me.


Click Play to watch video




Follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/davyvara