Monday, August 17, 2015

Community Policing 101: Rochester, NY Police officers Play 2 on 2 Basketball With Youths


Rochester, NY Police officers play 2 on 2 with youths.


By Davy V.

For years I've had to put up with critics who claim that I never commend police officers for doing anything positive.

Not true at all.

In November of 2013, I witnessed Rochester, NY Police homicide investigator David Simpson helping an elderly woman cross a busy intersection in November of 2013.

Simpson, who got out of his unmarked Chevy Impala helped the woman who was pushing a small shopping cart. (SEE LINK TO MY STORY ON SIMPSON BELOW)

I quickly pulled my car over to the side of the road, and snapped some photos of investigator Simpson's good deed.


Rochester, NY Police investigator David Simpson helps elderly woman cross street
Photo by Davy V.


And, when someone sent me a photo of Rochester, NY Police officer Kaela Pitts, taking a few minutes of her time to play hopscotch on a sidewalk with some young girls, I had a story on my blog within minutes.

(SEE LINK TO MY STORY ON OFFICER PITTS BELOW)


Rochester, NY Police officer Kaela Pitts hopscotching with neighborhood kids.

And when someone recorded a of video of a Rochester, NY Police officer who stopped his car in traffic, to help a woman in a wheelchair make it safely up a shopping plaza sidewalk, I also wrote about it. (SEE LINK BELOW)

Bottom line, if I see or hear about a law enforcement officer going out of his or her way to make a positive difference, and especially a positive impression on youth, I'm gonna write about it!

Just as quick as I am to expose a dirty cop violating his or her oath.

Take, for example the Rochester, NY Police officers in the photo below.

A woman driving home from work last Friday evening saw two police cars with their lights flashing, parked in front of a basketball court on North Clnton Avenue, on Rochester's northeast side.

"I said oh oh, something happened," the woman wrote in a Facebook post where she posted the photos below.

"And when I got closer, there was no incident at all."

"There were two police officers shooting hoops and playing with the children, and I was so happy as a citizen to see that they were so into the game with the kids, first time I see this, I commend these officers taking the tone out, even if it's 15 minutes to play with these children."

So what do I think?

I think what these two Rochester, NY Police officers did was great.

Most officers wouldn't do this.

And the woman is right, they should be commended.

Thank you officers.

Thank you for taking the time to engage these youths in a positive way, and shooting some 2 on 2 with them.

Hopefully after reading this, more officers will follow your example.

Community Policng 101.



Rochester, NY Police officers play 2 on 2 with youths.








Rochester, NY Police investigator David Simpson gels elderly woman cross street.
Photo by Davy V.



Rochester, NY Police officer Kaela Pitts plays hopscotch with inner city youth.



Rochester, NY Police officer helps woman in wheelchair.





Rochester, NY Police officer helps woman in wheelchair.


Click Play on the link below to watch Rochester, NY Police officer helping woman in wheelchair. 



Click link below to read my piece on Rochester, NY Police investigator David Simpson.



Click link below to read my piece on Rochester, NY Police officer Kaela Pitts.



PLEASE CLICK THE LINK BELOW TO SUPPORT MY FILM, A PROMISE TO MY DAD 





Follow me on twitter