Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Is the New York State Police, and Monroe County, NY Sheriffs, Racially Profiling Motorists at PGA?

By Davy V.
Did New York State trooper driving "E104",
racially profile Middle Eastern man near PGA entrance?

A young  Middle Eastern man may have been the victim of racial profiling, by New York State Police, and not even know it.

On Monday August 5, 2013, around 11:00 am, a New York State trooper driving unit "E104", pulled over the young man, near the entrance to Oak Hill Country Club, in Pittsford, NY, just outside Rochester.

Oak Hill Country Club is the site of the 2013 PGA Championship.

As I was driving by, I observed the NYS trooper going through the trunk of the man's silver Honda Accord.

By the time I was able to find a safe place to park, and exited my vehicle, the trooper was inside his SUV running the man's information through dispatch, something law enforcement refers to as a "29".

In the video below, it is clear that the man had a very hard time understanding me when I asked him why the trooper had stopped him, and why was he searching his car.

After several times of me asking the young man, he did say that he was talking on his phone, but it was clear that the young man was clueless as to what was really going on.

I mean had the NYS trooper really pulled him over for talking on his cell phone?

Then why wasn't the young man just issued a ticket?

Why the need to search his vehicle?

Or, on a day where professional golfers such as Tiger Woods and Phil Mickelson were arriving at Oak Hill for the first day of practice rounds at the PGA, and NYS Police along with Monroe County, NY Sheriffs were everywhere, was this young man the victim of racial profiling by New York State Police?

And did the NYS trooper take advantage of the young man's obvious difficulty understanding English, to conduct an illegal search?


Note: As you will see in the video, the New York State trooper immediately rolled up his window when he saw me approaching in his driver's mirror, and refused to roll it down when I asked to speak to him.


Click Play to watch video




Follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/davyvara