Sunday, January 5, 2014

Rochester, NY Youth Devin Alexander, Assaults Woman, then Posts Disturbing "Smack Cam"Video on Facebook (UPDATED)

"True Goon Tocool Sneekey"
By Davy V.

By now many of you have heard about the "Knockout Game", where innocent, unsuspecting people are punched, and knocked out by someone while another person records the assault on video, then posts it on the internet.

Well, apparently now there is a variation of the sick game, and it's called "Smack Cam".

Sunday evening, a Rochester, NY youth who goes by the Facebook name "True Goon Tocool Sneekey" posted a :53 second video titled "Just doin shit watch the smack cam".

The video starts with the youth laughing and talking into the camera.
"True Goon Tocool Sneekey" Facebook page

"I'm bout to smack the old lady with the snowball when she come out the store", he says.

A few seconds later, as more laughter is heard in the background, an older woman is seen coming out of a corner store located at the intersection of Jay and Child Streets, on the city's west side.

The youth in the video then hits the woman in the side of the head.

The youths then run off as one of them is heard yelling "Smack cam! Smack cam!"

"True Goon Tocool Sneekey"
Then one of the youths is heard saying "I'm gonna get the fuck up outta here before she calls the cops!", obviously referring to the woman they just assaulted.


I was contacted about the video by a young man who follows my work.

The young man told me the video had just been posted on Facebook and that he was disgusted at seeing these youths do this to an innocent person.

I asked the young man to immediately record the video right off his computer screen, to preserve it as proof in case the youth who posted the video, which is the same youth who assaulted the woman, removed it from Facebook.

A&Z Market where assault took place,
located at 355 Child Street.

Photo by Davy V.
Sure enough, the video was removed, but not before a copy was made!

These knockout-type assaults have caused several deaths throughout the country, including two in Syracuse, NY last year.


Update: 

ROCHESTER, NY POLICE SGT.
ELENA CORREIA SAYS INCIDENT
NOT CONSIDERED AN ASSAULT, 
JUST "HARASSMENT"!


Even though I broke this senseless, disgusting criminal act, the Rochester, NY
Police department has pretty much refused to
return my calls from the time I first notified
them of the incident.

In fact, it wasn't until after I had contacted them at least a half a dozen times, and approx. 12 hours later, that Rochester, NY Police Sgt. Waldo finally returned my calls.

Sgt. Waldo did not seem too interested in the video, telling me that he would "pass the information along."
The irony of the "NO LOITERING" sign in window,
obviously not enforced by store owner.
Photo by Davy V.


This disturbing behavior on behalf of the Rochester Police department doesn't really surprise me, since it's no secret that as a result of my work as an activist exposing the Rochester, NY Police department's long history of misconduct, corruption, and misuse of taxpayer dollars (i.e.: the photo of RPD officers on the top of my blog, of them goofing off, on duty on a rooftop), the RPD could care less about me, my family, or my work, even when it's me trying to get some wannabe thug who preys on and attacks an innocent, older woman coming out of a corner store, off the streets!

The Rochester, NY Police department will however, talk to Rochester's Corporate-America run mainstream, or what I like to say "LAMESTREAM" news media.
Rochester, NY Police Sgt. Elena Correia
says incident is harassment, not assault.

And that's exactly what Rochester, NY Police department Public Information Officer (PIO) Sgt. Elena Correia did Monday.

RPD Sgt. Elena Correia told Rochester's Democrat and Chronicle newspaper that she DOES NOT consider the incident an assault, but rather a simple case of harassment!

I wonder if the woman who came out of that store, and was attacked by some young punk who blinded sided her, hitting her on the side of her head, if that woman had been RPD Sgt. Elena Correia's mother, or grandmother, would she brush it off as "harassment", which is nothing more than a violation.




If you are disgusted after watching the video below, please contact Rochester, NY's public officials!

Rochester, NY Interim Police Chief Michael Ciminelli 

(585) 428-7033

Rochester, NY Mayor Lovely Warren 

(585) 428-7045




Update: Thanks in part to everyone who called the Rochester, NY Police department, and expressed their outrage at their dragging their feet, and seemingly minimizing what was a disgusting cowardly act on the part of the youth who assaulted an innocent woman, I am happy to announce that 16-year old Devin Alexander has been arrested.

Apparently Alexander was on probation for another incident, and this incident where he assaulted the woman, is in violation of his probation.

LET ME BE CLEAR, ROCHESTER, NY POLICE DID NOT ARREST DEVIN ALEXANDER FOR THE ASSAULT, BUT RATHER FOR A PROBATION VIOLATION!

If you are disgusted after watching the video below, please contact Rochester, NY's public officials!

Rochester, NY Interim Police Chief Michael Ciminelli 

(585) 428-7033

Rochester, NY Mayor Lovely Warren 

(585) 428-7045



And like I always tell people, ALWAYS BE READY TO VIDEO RECORD AT ALL TIMES!

Had it not been for me immediately telling the young man who called me when he saw the video on facebook, to record it before the suspect had a chance to take the video down, there would be NO proof of the crime, because as you know, the suspect removed the video from facebook, shortly after posting it, but not before I told the young man to record it to preserve and document proof of the crime!

So, again, remember to always have you camera, cellphone, ipod, whatever video recording device with you AT ALL TIMES and RECORD! RECORD! RECORD!




Please support the work I do by making a donation.

Simply click on "Donate" at the top right of my blog and follow the steps.

Thank you.




Rochester, NY's Mainstream Media and Officials' About Face After 'Smack Cam' Story Goes Viral!

Click link below

http://davyv.blogspot.com/2014/01/rochester-nys-mainstream-media-and.html




Click Play below to watch the video, which I have uploaded to my Youtube channel as proof of this disgusting criminal act.





Please support the work I do by making a donation.

Simply click on "Donate" at the top right of my blog and follow the steps.

Thank you.





Follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/davyvara