Sunday, February 14, 2016

City of Rochester, NY Officials Block Me After I Make Short Film about Homeless


Homeless man living under Rochester, NY overpass 

By Davy V.

Less than 24 hours after I made a short film about homeless men living under an expressway bridge overpass in Rochester, NY, City officials took action.

But not the kind of action you may think.

No.

Instead, they blocked me on social media.

Twitter.

Here's the story.

Saturday, temperatures in Rochester, NY dropped to -2 degrees.

Not counting the wind chill.

As I was driving on interstate 490 west which cuts through downtown Rochester, I saw two homeless men huddled together under a bridge overpass.

I decided I'd get the men some hot coffee and pizza, and then I decided to make a short video, in hopes of inspiring others to think of the less fortunate, and perhaps engage in their own random acts of kindness.

In my short film I criticize city officials for ignoring the homeless m, while at the same time raking in millions of dollars a year in red light camera fines.

Afterwards, I sent a tweet to the City of Rochester which included the link to my video.

And the city's response to my video of two men living under a bridge in sub zero temperatures, was to block me.



Rochester, NY Mayor Lovely Warren


Screenshot after Rochester, NY City officials blocked me on Twitter


CLICK LINK BELOW TO WATCH VIDEO



CONTACT ROCHESTER, NY MAYOR LOVELY WARREN: (585) 428-7045


Follow me on twitter