Thursday, September 29, 2016

Rochester, NY's World of Inquiry School Soccer Team Should Take a Knee Against Black on Black Violence

 

World of Inquiry School Soccer Team Team Takes a Knee During National Anthem



By Davy V.


I get it.

As a Latino, and father of two African-American and Latino children, I get it.

As a second generation police accountability activist, who has dedicated the past 20-plus years of my life to exposing police misconduct and corruption, I get it.

But what I don't get, and what I will never get, and what I can't stand, is hypocrisy.

A hypocrisy that for years has run rampant in Rochester, NY.

I'm talking about a recent incident in my hometown of Rochester, NY, where the entire boys soccer team from the World of Inquiry School took a knee during the playing of the national anthem last week, a la Colin Karpernick, as a protest to police killings of blacks.

I get it.

In fact, I more than get it.

As a staunch advocate of free speech, I not only support the right of the WOI boys soccer team, to take a knee during the national anthem, but I will support ANYONE who excercises his or her first amendment right to free speech.

However, just as I have been critical of the Black Lives Matter movement, for what I, along with many others feel is their hypocrisy in failing to denounce black on black violence and express the same, if not more angst when it comes to black on black violence, as members of BLM demonstrate whenever a white cop kills a black person, I also feel that the World of Inquiry School varsity soccer team, each and every player, are hypocrites.

To take a knee because now it's the cool thing to do, but not to speak out, protest, or in any way denounce, black on black violence, is hypocritical.

To jump on the bandwagon and take a knee at some soccer game while ignoring black on black genocide, is hypocritical.

I'll bet dollars to donuts that those kids don't even know what they're doing or why they're doing it.

Other than to get attention.

Clowns.

Like I've said, and like I will continue to say, the real enemy of young black youths, is NOT the police.

It's other black youths.

Black lives are being stolen by young black men, and women, who have absolutely no respect for human life.

 

Latasha Shaw was beaten and stabbed to death in 2007


On September 29, 2007 Latasha Shaw, a beautiful black woman and hardworking mother rushed to help her daughter who had been jumped, and was being beaten just a few blocks away on Dewey Avenue in Rochester, NY.

Latasha Shaw was beaten and  stabbed to death, as dozens of people looked on, but did nothing to intervene.

Latasha Shaw died defending her child.

Latasha Shaw's life was stolen by the hands of another black life.

BLACK ON BLACK VIOLENCE.

All this took place just a couple of blocks away from Aquinas High School.

The same place where the World of Inquiry School boys soccer team took a knee during the national
anthem.

Because all of a sudden it's the cool thing to do now.

I just wish they would take a knee against black on black homicide.




Follow me on twitter