
By Davy V.
"In mental health custody."
That's how they're describing, a 39-year old Spencerport, New York man, who while at strong Memorial Hospital in Rochester, New York, around 2 a.m. Monday morning, made a false call to 911 reporting that there was an active shooting inside the hospital.
What followed was a mass response of police, more than a dozen Rochester, NY Police cruiser who descended on the hospital.
As I'm writing this, the man has not been identified, but early reports are that according to police, he is in "mental health custody."
I want to say a few things.
If you follow The Davy V. Blog,
if you watch my YouTube Channel DavyVTV, then you know that when it comes to mental health, it's something that I have been very open about.
Not only my father committing suicide when I was just 22 years old, but also about my own mental health struggles.
And while I don't know this individual's history, or even if in fact, he truly does suffer from menial health issues, incidents like these need to be taken extremely seriously.
Simply put:
HE NEEDS TO BE CHARGED.
Yes, I am very respectful of anyone dealing with mental health issues.
And yes, here on The Davy V. Blog, as well as on DavyVTV, I will always advocate for those dealing with mental health issues, like I recently did when TRIGGER-HAPPY Monroe County, NY Sheriff Deputies executed a 62-year old suicidal man.
However, when someone makes a false call reporting a mass shooting, setting off a massive police response, and thus not only alarming, but endangering the general public, making innocent people be in fear, especially at a hospital, a place which in many ways should be considered a safe haven, then that individual, mentally-ill or not, NEEDS TO CHARGED.
I will be updating this story...
UPDATE:
The 39-year old man has been issued an appearance ticket.
According to Rochester, NY Police, he has been charged with third degree false reporting of an incident.
NEW BLOG COMING SOON...