Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Rochester, NY Boxer Willie Monroe Jr.'s Trainer Tony Morgan Arrested in Florida After Selling Meth to Undercover Cops

Willie Monroe Jr.


By Davy V.

On May 16th Rochester, NY boxer Willie Monroe Jr. faces his toughest opponent of his career when he squares off with Gennady Golovkin in California.

But WillIe Monroe's trainer Tony Morgan is now facing his own battle.

In court.

Tony Morgan, 43, was arrested Tuesday evening in Polk County, Florida by undercover cops after he sold them  4 ounces of methamphetamines, when he met them in a public parking lot.

According to the Tampa, Florida Tribune, Tony Morgan was charged with one count each of "trafficking in meth over 28 grams, maintaining a vehicle for drug trafficking and posession of paraphernalia."

I reached out to TJ Nolan, owner of The Fight Factory Boxing Gym in Rochester, NY, and a member of Willie Monroe's management team for comment.

Nolan sent me the following message:

"Let me get in touch with my team prior to making any official comments."


I will be updating this piece soon.


Tony Morgan


The Meth Addict and Willie Monroe Jr.


Follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/davyvara