Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Two of the Rochester, NY Police officers who Beat Disabled Amputee Man, are Known on the Streets as "Joey" and "Rock"

By Davy V.
Do you know who these RPD officers are?

Despite the Rochester, NY Police department refusing to release the names of the officers caught on video beating a disabled wheelchair-bound one legged amputee who was waiting for a bus, neighbors in Rochester's Jefferson Avenue neighborhood know at least two of the officers by their street aliases.

'Joey' and 'Rock', seen in the photo to the right, taken from the video recorded by a woman who witnessed the incident, are two of the three officers involved in the beating of 52-year old Benny Warr.

On May 1st, Warr was in his motorized wheelchair, waiting for an RTS bus near the intersection of Jefferson Ave. and Bartlett St., when Rochester Police officers walked up to him, and asked him to move.
"Joey"

“One was standing in front of me, one was on the side of me and they asked me to move. I said, 'I'm waiting for the bus, sir' and then he said something foul to me and I said, 'I'm waiting for the bus, sir', and then he proceeded to spray me with mace and when he sprayed me, I tried to block it cause it blinded me and it hurt real bad cause he sprayed a lot", said Warr, before adding, “When they knocked me to the ground, I fell out of my wheelchair and hit my stump. I was on the ground and they were kicking and stomping me and holding my head down by my neck, he had his knee on my neck and they were kicking and punching me.”

After beating him, Rochester, NY Police officers charged Warr with disorderly conduct and resisting arrest.

"Rock"
On Tuesday May 14th, Warr appeared in Rochester City Court where he pled not guilty to the charges.

Several calls and emails to Rochester, NY Police department's public information officer, Sgt. Justin Collins, were not been returned.

Neighbors say that these two RPD officers, 'Joey', and 'Rock', are known in the neighborhood for mistreating citizens, and several people, who did not want their names used for fear of retaliation by Rochester Police, said the two officers are known for "putting their hands on innocent people."

If you live in Rochester, and have information on who these officers are, please contact me, by leaving a comment below.


Click Play to watch video






Follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/davyvara