Friday, June 3, 2016

VIDEO: Goodwill Employee Caught on Video Making Fun Of and Belittling Disabled Young Disabled Man

 


By Davy V.

Goodwill's mission statement reads as follows:

"Goodwill works to enhance the dignity and quality of life of individuals and families by strengthening communities, eliminating barriers to opportunity, and helping people in need reach their full potential through learning and the power of work."

But a disturbing video which I captured Friday morning at a Rochester, NY Goodwill store shows a Goodwill employee doing anything but, helping a disabled young man reach his full potential.

In fact the video, which I've posted to my YouTube channel DavyVTV, the Goodwill employee is seen making fun of, demeaning, and ridiculing the young man.

I recorded the video at the Goodwill ABVI location at      South Clinton Avenue, near downtown Rochester.

ABVI, is short for the Association of Blind and Visually Impaired. 

In the video, the Goodwill employee, seen wearing a yellow short sleeve shirt, demeans the young man telling him, "You never did work before unless someone hold your hand."

The Goodwill employee then goes on to mock the young man.

Another part of the video the Goodwill employee can be heard acting like he's whimpering, making fun of the young man, "I'm by myself."

At one point in the video, the young man burps, and the Goodwill employee once again demeans him, asking him, "Do anyone teach you anything at your group home about being nasty?"

 

Goodwill employee ridicules and belittles disabled young man 


I spoke with a woman who would only identify herself as "Rebecca", a store manager.

At first Rebecca confirmed the man in the yellow shirt was in fact a Goodwill employee.

But then, interestingly, as soon as I told Rebecca what I had witnessed, she quickly flipped flipped and told me that the man is a "Goodwill volunteer" who "works here."

Rebecca did confirm that she is aware of the man, and that there have been other incidents involving his conduct.

Which begs the question, why is he still there?

I will be updating this piece.


CLICK LINK BELOW TO WATCH VIDEO




Follow me on twitter